Sunday, September 5, 2010

One Thing At a Time

I have a tendency towards an all or nothing attitude. Most of the time that has meant I saved a homework assignment until I could do it all at once (including big papers). This is a very dangerous thing to do. I have written very crummy papers because of it. I started to do better with doing bigger homework things a little at a time. 


However, now that I have much more responsibility, I am needing to remember this again. For instance, I probably cannot have the entire apartment cleaned and have all of my homework done. Something has to give sometimes. Meaning, maybe I have the apartment picked up, but wait until the weekend to clean it. This is hard for me sometimes, but I am learning.


I am learning about priorities. My professor tells us to make sure to think of our "big-rocks". The "big rocks" of our lives are the things that are most important to us. Than there are other things that need to fit in our lives after that. My marriage is the biggest rock in my life right now, and school, work and housework need to take a back seat sometimes. 


I am blessed to have Andrew with me. He is great at reminding me that I am not called to be "super-woman". He is patient with me, and is a constant reminder of God's grace and love to me. 


The Lord is faithful, marriage is a huge blessing, and life...is very busy :)




Psalm 86:15 


  But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God,
       slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment